Lobsters are fancy, but very easy to make. Learn how to make grilled lobsters for a perfect dinner on a special occasion.
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 live lobster (about 1 to 1 1/2 lb.)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Combine butter, parsley, chile flakes, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a bowl; set aside. Using a cleaver, split lobster in half lengthwise through its head and tail. Scoop out and discard the yellow-green tomalley and break off claws. Transfer lobster halves shell side down, to a baking sheet; crack claws and place them on the baking sheet. Drizzle halves and claws with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a charcoal grill or set a gas grill to high; bank coals or turn off burner on one side. Place lobster halves, flesh side down, and claws on the hottest part of grill; cook until slightly charred, 2-3 minutes. Flip lobster over and using a spoon spread lobster with the garlic-parsley butter; continue grilling until lobster meat is tender, 3-5 minutes more.
Recipe by: Jacob Parmentier.