This Double Smoked Potatoes recipe is something else, because of the delicious smoky taste potatoes get from smoking.
All you have to do to prepare this recipe is to smoke/cook potatoes for 3 hours with Hickory bisquettes. Fill them and back to the smoker for another 30 minutes, just to melt the cheese.
4 Russet potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Cup grated Monterey Jack Cheddar (and some extra for topping)
1-2 Tbsp jalapeños, de-seeded and diced
4 oz. Cream cheese, softened
3 Tbsp butter, softened
3-4 Green onions, sliced
6 Slices bacon, fried and crumbled
¼ Cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Hickory
- Preheat smoker to 240°F with Hickory Bisquettes.
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil.
- Smoke for 3 hours in preheated smoker or until tender
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Scoop out insides of the potatoes out from the skin. Be certain to leave some of the flesh so they’re sturdy enough to hold the filling.
- Mash the potatoes with the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill potato skins with filling and top with some extra cheese.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray and return to smoker for another 30 minutes.
Recipe by: Lena Clayton