Pork and avocado combine into an appetizer with spicy, smoky flavour. This recipe is great for snacking on the patio, or passing around before dinner. For a different spin on pork and guacamole, try Pork Carnitas with Tropical Guacamole.
1 pork tenderloin
1 tbsp chipotle powder
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 plum/roma tomatoes, sliced
1 French baguette, cut into 1 inch slices
fresh cilantro, garnish
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes – Hickory, Apple or Cherry
1. In a bowl, mix together the chipotle powder, brown sugar, salt, garlic, paprika, cumin and cinnamon. Rub all over the pork tenderloin so that it is evenly coated.
2. Set the smoker to 275°F, using Bradley Flavor Bisquettes of choice (hickory, apple or cherry work great).
3. Smoke the pork until they reach an internal temperature of 155°F, approximately 2 – 2 1/2 hours. Let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Slice the tenderloin into medallions.
5. Make guacamole by scooping the flesh from the avocados into a medium size bowl. Squeeze in the lime juice. Mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth and creamy.
6. Assemble the canapes by placing a slice of tomato and tenderloin on a baguette slice. Top with some guacamole and garnish with a cilantro leaf.