Today I’d like to share with you a great recipe to prepare in your Bradley Smoker. It may seem complicate, but it’s very simple and easy. Follow the detailed instructions and you can have this Cheesy Caramelized Onion and Portobello Mushroom Smoked Fatty ready in less than 3 hours.
3 tbsp butter
2 onions, minced
2 portobello mushrooms, diced very finely
1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1. Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and portobello mushrooms. Saute until they are caramelized. Set aside to come to room temperature.
2. Mix the ground beef, ground pork, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, pepper and salt until well combined. Roll the meat mixture into a 10 x 10 inch square. Roll in a large freezer bag or on parchment paper, so the meat will roll into the fatty easily.
3. Spread the onions and mushroom mixture in the middle of the sausage meat. Sprinkle the grated mozzarella on top of the veggies.
4. Roll up the fatty so that the cheese, onions and mushrooms are completely surrounded by the meat mixture. Place the fatty on a smoker rack.
5. Set your Bradley Smoker to 250 F. Smoke the fatty for about 2 1/2 hours using Special Blend Bisquettes. Remove when the internal temperature is at 165 F.