If you love smoked food as much as we do, you’ll be happy to know that creating a smoked flavour on your grill is as easy as 1-2-3. Really!
In just 3 simple steps, you can prepare great tasting food, with real smoke flavour. Using any of our many different Bradley Flavor Bisquettes, smoking on your grill is now an easier way to create authentic smoky flavour than with wood chips, sawdust or pellets. All you have to do is select your flavour bisquette, and directly place it on the grill top.
A Cleaner and Easier Way to Add a Smoky Flavour to Your Barbecue
Bisquettes save you the hassle of removing your grill top and paying extra for metal containers to put the wood chips, sawdust, or pellets in. Once the bisquettes have burnt (approximately 20 minutes) you simply take them off the grill, douse them in water and discard.
Using our bisquettes, you’ll have a much easier cooking session without the headache of cleaning up the mess that follows.
Natural Hardwood Provides Flavourful and Clean Smoking
Our bisquettes are rendered from natural hardwoods, without paraffin or waxes. This means it’s 100% natural. You can create a flavourful, clean smoke without adding calories or fat to your food.
With over a dozen bisquette flavours and counting, you’ll definitely find the smoky flavour you’re looking for. In addition, we carry a large variety of woods, ranging from fruit woods, to the stronger flavours common in southern barbecue. Here’s a brief rundown of our flavours:
- Alder: This popular wood of the North West is known for its sweet and musky flavour.
- Apple: Gives off a sweet but denser fruity smoke flavour.
- Cherry: A slightly sweet, mild, and fruity wood that gives a beautiful rosy tint to some meats.
- Hickory: One of the most commonly used woods, given its sweet and strong flavour.
- Jim Beam: Made from Jim Beam Bourbon soaked oak barrels.
- Maple: Somewhat sweet, mildly smoky wood that goes great with turkey.
- Mesquite: Popular wood from the South West with a strong earthy flavour, sweeter and more delicate than hickory.
- Oak: The most versatile of hardwoods, giving off a mild smoke with no aftertaste.
- Pacific: A blend of lighter woods, featuring a clean smoke flavour perfect for fish and seafood.
- Pecan: Sweet and mild wood, similar to but not as strong as hickory.
- Special Blend: Specially created to have a distinct and unique flavour. It’s our secret blend.
Whiskey: Made from whiskey soaked oak barrels, this really gives a rich smoke flavour.
The Three Simple Steps to Creating an Authentic Smoke Flavour on Your Grill
- Preheat your barbecue or grill, place 2 or 3 bisquettes directly on the grill surface, and close the lid.
- When the bisquettes begin to smoke, add your favorite food and close the lid.
- Cook your food as normal, replacing the bisquettes every 15-20 minutes for the entire cooking time, or until you feel you’ve added enough smoke flavour.
Add a little twist the next time you make salsa by adding a Bradley Bisquette when you grill the tomatoes using this recipe. Or give your guests a desert they’ll be talking about for a while, by preparing them these delicious grilled peaches with bourbon with a little smoke flavour.
For more delicious grilling and smoking recipes be sure to check out our recipes page here.
Plus, keep an eye out for our new line of Premium Bisquettes, with added herbs and spices, coming soon for even more flavour!