Stuffed Turkey Roll makes a great buffet or picnic item since guests can help themselves to slices!
- 1 kg (2 lb) boneless chicken breast
- 500 ml (2 c) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to taste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 2 slices bread, cubed
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- Butterfly the chicken breast and pound with a mallet.
- Sauté mushrooms, onions, carrot and celery in the butter.
- Add the seasonings and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread, tomatoes and sautéed vegetables.
- Spread over the ‘butterflied’ meat.
- Rub skin with additional lemon juice.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to 90°C to 100°C (190°F to 220°F).
- Place chicken roll on an oiled rack in the upper half of the Bradley Smoker.
- Smoke cook using Special Blend flavor bisquettes for 5 to 6 hours or until an instant thermometer reads 82°C. Cooking times will vary depending on wind and weather conditions.