- Your favorite fowl breasts
- Feta cheese
- Your favorite bacon
- Lightly pound the breasts, more to even the thickness than to overly thin them out.
- Arrange 4 or 5 strips of bacon such that the long edges overlap on your board.
- Place one of the breasts on the arranged bacon.
- Spread feta across breast.
- Salt and pepper liberally.
- Top with the second breast.
- Wrap the bacon across/around this package of goodness.
- Toothpick if necessary to keep all together.
- Place in a preheated smoker at +/ 200 deg.
- Wood of choice, I have had great success with hickory and mesquite, and more subtly with apple
- Smoke to an internal of about 140 to 145 deg.
- Transfer to a medium heat grill.The intent of the grilling is to render and crisp the bacon, but care is in order! The rendering bacon fat can rapidly turn these morsels into blackened duck! The final opportunity to watch the grill and finish/start another adult beverage.