- 1 kg. (2 lb.) Chicken breasts, with bone in
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) Hoi Sin sauce (available in Chinese sections)
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) each white wine vinegar, sherry, water, and oil
- Skin chicken breasts, removing as much fat as possible. Set aside.
- Boil the Hoi Sin sauce, vinegar, sherry, water and oil, in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer one to two minutes. Cool.
- Coat all surfaces of the chicken pieces, rubbing in well.
- Let chicken stand at room temperature for two hours.
- Preheat smoker to approximately 85-100°C (185-220°F)
- Place chicken on oiled racks
- Smoke cook for about 1-1/2 – 2-1/2 hours or until an instant thermometer reads 55-60°C (130-140°F). Cooking time will vary depending on weather and wind conditions