- 1.5 kg (3 lb) boneless cross rib roast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- Sprig each of fresh thyme, marjoram and oregano
- 30 ml (2tbsp) oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 500 ml (2 c) red wine
- Trim any excess fat from the meat.
- Place meat in an airtight container.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over the meat in the container.
- Seal the container and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove from marinade and pat dry.
- Reserve marinade for possible later use as gravy.
- Preheat the Bradley Smoker to approximately 100°C (220°F).
- Place roast on an oiled smoker rack in the upper half of the Bradley Smoker.
- Using Special Blend flavor bisquettes, smoke/cook for 7 – 8 hours or until an instant thermometer reads 65°C (150°F).
Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Enjoy with traditional roast beef dinner fixings, such as roast potatoes, our rich vegetable gravy, horse radish and Yorkshire pudding. Wonderful thickly sliced for sandwiches the next day!