It’s that time of the month when we release the Bradley Smoker Recipe series. This month Ted shows us how to Smoke Pork Chops with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote. It looks delicious as you can see from the video below! Thanks to our wonderful Chef Ted Reader for the video!
About Ted Reader
Ted was awarded two prestigious awards for his cookbook, Napoleon’s Everyday Gourmet Grilling – Best Barbecue Book by the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards and it also won the Cordon d’ Or – Gold Ribbon BBQ Cookbook Culinary Academy Award in the 2008 Awards Program. Then in 2009, Ted took home Best Barbecue Book at the Gourmand Cookbook Awards for Napoleon’s Everyday Gourmet Plank Grilling. On May 6th, 2010 Ted cooked the largest hamburger weighing in at 590lbs, a huge accomplishment for his career. And just this year, Ted won Best BBQ Book at the Gourmand Cookbook Awards for Napoleon’s Everyday Gourmet Burgers.
Here is the video:
Smoked pork chops on a Bradley Smoker, what could get better than that? Here’s what can get better, Chef Ted Reader showing you how to smoke these pork chops on the Bradley Smoker to perfection!
Let’s Get Smoking!
Smoking Temperature: 250°F
Bradley Bisquettes: Cherry
Bradley Smoker Jerky rack and regular smoking rack
- 4 x 2 inch Thick cut pork chop t-bones, with the loin and tenderloin intact
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 8 Tbsp Ted’s World Famous BBQ Bone Dust™ BBQ Seasoning (Be generous!)
Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
- 1 pint Fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 large stalks Fresh rhubarb
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup White sugar
- 1/2 cup Apple juice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Ted’s World Famous BBQ Crazy Canuck Sticky Chicken and Rib Sauce
- 1 tsp Cold butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, to taste
- Brush the pork chops on one side with honey, then sprinkle evenly with about 1 tablespoon of Bone Dust™ BBQ Seasoning pressing the seasoning into the meat.
- Turn chops over and repeat the process.
- Place pork chops onto smoker rack.
- Preheat Bradley Smoker as per manufacturer’s instruction using Cherry Bisquettes and setting the temperature to 250°F.
- Insert thermometer probe into the thickest part of one pork chop close to the bone. Set internal temperature thermometer for 145- 150°F for medium to medium-well doneness. You can do less if you wish. I personally like the chops at 140°F.
- Smoke chops for approximately 2 1/2 -3 hours until desired internal temperature is reached.
- Meanwhile prepare the smoked strawberry rhubarb compote.
- Lay the strawberries onto a Bradley Smoker Jerky rack and place into smoker with the pork chops and smoke strawberries for 30 minutes.
- Remove strawberries from smoker and allow to cool.
- As the strawberries smoke, peel and coarsely chop the rhubarb.
- In a medium pot, add the rhubarb, 2 sugars and apple juice, heat, stirring occasionally until the rhubarb is soft, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and juice.
- Add Crazy Canuck Sauce and smoked strawberries.
- Heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until the strawberries have softened and the compote is relatively thick.
- Stir in 1 tsp of cold butter and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Set aside keeping warm.
- Remove pork chops from smoker.
- Serve immediately topped with smoked strawberry rhubarb compote.